RHEACELL: Bringing Stem Cell Therapies to Patients
- allo-APZ2-EB (ABCB5+ MSCs) for epidermolysis bullosa (EMA, FDA)
- LSC2 (ABCB5+ LSCs) for limbal stem cell deficiency (EMA)
- LSC2 (ABCB5+ LSCs) for limbal stem cell deficiency (FDA)
- International, multicentric trial of ABCB5+ MSCs to treat recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa
- International, multicentric trial of ABCB5+ LSCs to treat limbal stem cell deficiency
Building upon highly functional human skin-derived ABCB5-positive mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) as a platform technology, RHEACELL develops advanced-therapy medicinal products to treat currently uncurable inflammatory and degenerative diseases. Further areas of research and development include ABCB5-positive limbal stem cells (LSCs) and immunotherapies against ABCB5-expressing cancers.
We make use of ABCB5-related U.S. and international patents assigned to Boston Children’s Hospital and/or Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts) that are exclusively licensed to RHEACELL and our parent company TICEBA. Co-inventor Markus H. Frank, M.D., Professor at Harvard Medical School, serves as a scientific advisor to RHEACELL.