Chronic Venous Ulcers – Allogeneic
We are recruiting patients with chronic venous ulcers (CVU) for a multicentric phase I/IIa clinical trial.
The aim of the trial is to examine the efficacy and safety of allogeneic ABCB5-positive mesenchymal stem cells (ABCB5+ MSCs) in patients with CVU. Primary endpoints are the percentage of wound size reduction and the occurrence of adverse events.
For this trial 37 patients will be recruited at nine sites in Germany.
For the manufacturing process of the allogeneic ABCB5+ MSCs we are using a patent hold by the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston/USA, and the Children’s Hospital, Boston/USA, in cooperation with our scientific partner Prof. Dr. Markus Frank.
Background information about the use of ABCB5+ MSCs in CVU can be found HERE.
Study CentersIf you are interested, please contact the corresponding center.
- Würzburg: Department of dermatology, venereology and allergology, Dermatological Study Center, University Hospital Würzburg, open CVU flyer
- Bochum: Phlebological Study Center at the vein center of the dermatological and vascular surgery clinics, in Bochum, open CVU flyer
- Erlangen: University Hospital Erlangen, Dermatology, open CVU flyer
- Greifswald: Clinic and Polyclinic for skin diseases, University Medical Center Greifswald, open CVU flyer
- Hamburg: Clinical Research Hamburg GmbH, open CVU flyer
- Kiel: pro scientia med at the MARE Clinic in Kiel Kronshagen, Department of Clinical Research and Development, Dr. med. Ulrich Meyer-Pannwitt, Dipl.-Biol. Karin Meyer-Pannwitt, open CVU flyer
- Münster: Münster University Hospital, Dermatology Clinic, open CVU flyer
- Schwerin: Clinical Research Schwerin GmbH, open CVU flyer
- Ulm: University Hospital Ulm, Department of Dermatology and Allergology
pro scientia med at the MARE Clinic in Kiel Kronshagen
Department of Clinical Research and Development
Dr. med. Ulrich Meyer-Pannwitt
Dipl.-Biol. Karin Meyer-Pannwitt
Mo, Tue and Thu 08:00 - 17:00
Wed and Fr 08:00 – 12:00
Clinic and Polyclinic for skin diseases
University Medical Center Greifswald
8:00 - 16:00
+49 3834-866735 or +49 3834-866770
Clinical Research Schwerin GmbH
Clinical Research Hamburg GmbH
Phlebological Study Center
at the vein center of the dermatological
and vascular surgery clinics
+49 234-8792377 or +49 234-8792373
Münster University Hospital
Department of dermatology venereology and allergology
Dermatological Study Center
University Hospital Würzburg
Mo - Fr, 8:00 - 12:00
University Hospital Erlangen
University Hospital Ulm
Department of Dermatology and Allergology