Diabetic Foot Ulcers – Allogeneic
We are recruiting patients with diabetic foot ulcers (DFU) for a multicentric phase I/IIa clinical trial.
The aim of the trial is to examine the efficacy and safety of allogeneic ABCB5-positive mesenchymal stem cells (ABCB5+ MSCs) in patients with DFU. Primary endpoints are the percentage of wound size reduction and the occurrence of adverse events.
For this trial 37 patients will be recruited at six sites in Germany.
For the manufacturing process of the allogeneic ABCB5+ MSCs we are using a patent hold by the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston/USA, and the Children’s Hospital, Boston/USA, in cooperation with our scientific partner Prof. Dr. Markus Frank.
Background information about the use of ABCB5+ MSCs in DFU can be found HERE.
Study CentersIf you are interested, please contact the corresponding center.
- Würzburg: Department of dermatology, venereology and allergology, Dermatological Study Center, University Hospital Würzburg, open DFU flyer
- Greifswald: Clinic and Polyclinic for skin diseases, University Medical Center Greifswald, open DFU flyer
- Heidelberg: St. Josef Hospital Heidelberg, Clinical Study Department, open DFU flyer
- Kiel: pro scientia med at the MARE Clinic in Kiel Kronshagen, Department of Clinical Research and Development, Dr. med. Ulrich Meyer-Pannwitt, Dipl.-Biol. Karin Meyer-Pannwitt, open DFU flyer
- Leipzig: medamed Study Ambulance Leipzig, open DFU flyer
- Ludwigshafen: Diabetologikum Ludwigshafen, Certified foot clinic, Joint practice open DFU flyer
pro scientia med at the MARE Clinic in Kiel Kronshagen
Department of Clinical Research and Development
Dr. med. Ulrich Meyer-Pannwitt
Dipl.-Biol. Karin Meyer-Pannwitt
Mo, Tue and Thu 08:00 - 17:00
Wed and Fr 08:00 - 12:00
Clinic and Polyclinic for skin diseases
University Medical Center Greifswald
8:00 - 16:00
+49 3834-866735 or +49 3834-866770
medamed Study Ambulance Leipzig
Department of dermatology venereology and allergology
Dermatological Study Center
University Hospital Würzburg
Mo - Fr, 8:00 - 12:00
Certified foot clinic
St. Josef Hospital Heidelberg
Clinical Study Department